Vision, Mission, and School Beliefs
To develop and nurture lifelong learners to be caring, respectful and responsible citizens who collaborate and think critically in a culturally diverse society.
The Waimanalo Elementary and Intermediate School community is united in providing students with opportunities to build strong relationships and develop career readiness skills in a safe learning environment, through effective instruction, rigorous curriculum, and the integration of technology.
- School staff, parents, students and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission.
- Students will learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- A safe and physically comfortable learning environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.